TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
All new clients are required to pay a 25% deposit up-front for their first project and the remaining 75% balance on completion. All invoices thereafter are payable within 28 days of receipt. A service charge of 8% is payable on all overdue balances for reissuing each invoice at 45, 60, 75 and 90 days from the date of original invoice. The grant of any license or right of copyright is conditional on receipt of full payment.
2. Default in payment
The Client shall assume responsibility for cost outlays by designer in all collections of unpaid fees and of legal fees necessitated by default in payment. Invoices in default will include but are not limited to fees for collection and legal costs.
All quotations are estimated on the amount of time required to complete the project at a standard hourly rate of £40.00. The Designer shall keep the client appraised of a tally of hours with a minimum of 30 minute increments should they exceed the initial quotation.
The Client must assume that all additions, alterations, changes in content, layout or process changes requested by the customer, will alter the time and cost. The Client shall offer the Designer the first opportunity to make any changes.
5. Approval of artwork
The Client is responsible for proof reading all artwork prior to approval. The Designer cannot accept liability for errors in printed materials relating to copy, spelling and punctuation after approval has been given.
The Client shall reimburse the Designer for all expenses arising from this assignment, including the payment of any sales taxes due on this assignment, and shall advance the Designer for payment of said expenses, including but not limited to stock photography, artwork, and/or material needed for the project.
In the event of cancellation of this project, ownership of all copyrights and the original artwork shall be retained by the Designer, and a cancellation fee for work completed, and expenses already incurred, shall be paid by the Client. Cancellation fee is based on the hours undertaken, if the project is on an hourly basis or a percentage based on the time estimate for the entire job. A 100% cancellation fee is due once the project has been finished, whether delivered to the client or not. If the project is on an hourly basis and the project is canceled by the client, the client agrees to pay no less than 100% of the hours already billed for the project at the time of cancellation.
7. Ownership and return of artwork
The Designer retains ownership of all original artwork, whether preliminary or final, and the Client shall return such artwork within 30 days of use unless indicated otherwise. If transfer of ownership of all rights is desired, a fee will be charged.
8. Credit lines
The Designer and any other creators shall receive a credit line with any editorial usage. If similar credit lines are to be given with other types of usage, it must be so indicated here.
Modifications of the terms of this contract must be written and authorised by both parties, involving the implementation of a new version of the contract as a whole following standard procedures of documentation and approval.
10. Code of fair practice
The Designer warrants and represents that, to the best of his/her knowledge, the work assigned hereunder is original and has not been previously published, or that consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis; that all work or portions thereof obtained through the undersigned from third parties is original or, if previously published, that consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis; that the Designer has full authority to make this agreement; and that the work prepared by the Designer does not contain any scandalous, libelous, or unlawful matter. This warranty does not extend to any uses that the Client or others may make of the Designer’s product that may infringe on the rights of others. Client expressly agrees that it will hold the Designer harmless for all liability caused by the Client’s use of the Designer’s product to the extent such use infringes on the rights of others.